I love new years, birthdays, changing of the seasons, marked transitions like graduations and such. For me, all of those events serve as a refocus and evaluation of what I’m doing, what I want to do, who I am, my qualities, failures, flaws, and inspirations. And if 2011 serves as any indicator, 2012 is going to be amazing!
My biggest goals for 2012 definitely revolve around cycling for the most part. After all the fun and accomplishment I’ve had this fall, I’m charging on to bigger things (better fitness, skills, results) in 2012.
Academically, I’m motivated and excited about what 2012 will bring and of course am aiming to maintain my 4.0 gpa (oh yeah baby!).
Personally, I want to keep growing, learning to love and give, work hard, do my best and continue to nurture the qualities and values that matter to me.
So that’s it in a nut shell. If you’re curious about the specifics, keep reading. But if not, I’ll get over it.
- Race 1-2 Charlotte Winter Short Track Races
- Race 1-2 Charlotte Summer Short Track Races (as part of training for fall mtb season)
- Top 10 finishes in cross county and short track in fall collegiate mtb season, as well as at Nationals
- Do dual slalom, 4X, and downhill gravity events at collegiate level
- 4.0 GPA Spring and Fall Semesters
- Attempt five 5k’s (only as supplement to cycling training, spring/summer)
- Top 10 finishes in collegiate cyclocross
- Race 2-3 NCCX series races (includes NCGP), with top 15 finishes
- Make something every week (bake, cook, whatevs)
- Take multi-vit on the daily!