I love summer. It feels so free and inviting. It’s warm. I can swim in lakes and sit on my front porch at night. Days are long and filled with fun and friends.
This summer especially is wonderful. No summer school, just work at a place I love, weekends to fill with hiking and biking, lots of good food and drink, evenings with friends…ah! I feel rediculously carefree! I’ve worked hard to get here, and I’ll continue to work hard. But I fully believe that work hard=play hard.
A few highlights of the summer thus far:
- Perfecting my mojito recipe (nom!)
- New chairs on the porch
- Awesome bruises from adventures (one involving sliding off a trail and into the woods while still attached to my bike.)
- Mumford & Sons concert in Asheville. SO EPIC!
- Many hours spent with my friend Sarah before she left for NYC for the summer
- Virgin Islands with Kyle
- Evening runs with Jo where we talk more than we run
- Weekend drinks with Kyle
- Finding new places to explore in the mountains with Kyle
Last summer was amazing, this summer is epic!